Monday, April 17, 2017

Best Of The In-Box: Uncle's Toilet Brush With Fame







From VHUS Volume 9 - May 14, 2014:
(Transcript edited for readability)


HGW_2012 poses the question: "You seem like the type of guy who has met a lot of celebrities in his career.   What was your strangest celebrity encounter?"

A LOT?  Not really, by today’s standards.   But there is ONE chance encounter I think is always going to be #1 on my personal "weird-list."    1987: I was in London at Liverpool Street Station in search of the toilets.  And when I found them, I discovered they were laid out rather strangely (compared to what I was used to back in the USA).

Picture a long row of urinals in the center of the floor, about ribcage high, and another row around the backside of those facing the opposite way.  NO separating wall, so you could look right across (practically nose-to-nose) and watch the face of the guy across from you taking a leak and doing his best to ignore you ignoring him.  Weird setup.

I was purging my system and out of the corner of my eye noticed a guy stepping up to the urinal directly across from me.  Not really knowing the custom, I kept my head down and concentrated on my aim.   Then the stranger coughed and cleared his throat... at which point a little piece of my brain said:  "D.L.!! You recognize that voice!  You should really have a look."   So I glanced up and 2 feet across from me was BILL-FREAKIN'-MURRAY!  He saw me, and I managed to smile and say "hey!"  

Mr. Murray said: "How’s it goin’?"   And I THINK I said:  "Weird plumbing, huh?"    Bill's reply: "Good thing I don’t need to take a dump."  He zipped up, said "See ya around!" and was off.  And he didn’t even wash his hands.


A lot of people have questioned my story.  All I can say is this: If it WASN’T Bill Murray, then it was an incredibly realistic hologram.  That didn't wash its' hands.








DOWNLOAD VHUS v.72 for Maximum Podcast Pleasure!

More episodes at the VHUS home page on Pod-O-Matic!







UPCOMING PROGRAMME STUFF!

NOW:
Take the VHUS Spring-Cleaning Poll!   (Just a few days left!)

Thursday, April 20:
From The Vault: VHUS Classic Encore v.14!

Monday, April 24:
The Worst Of LETTER TO THE DEVIL!

Thursday, April 27:
Premiere! The all-new VHUS v.73!

Monday, May 1:
The V.H.U.S. WORLD SERIES OF HEAVY LISTENERS - APRIL RANKINGS!
















No comments:

Post a Comment