Monday, January 30, 2017

Uncle's In-Box: When OKCupid Gets It SO Wrong!








We used to get really good letters in the early days of the show.    But not so much now.  No idea why.    

One of our all time favorites was a listener letter which originally aired in the long-gone VHUS v.5 back in early 2014.

Here's the actual (slightly-edited) e-mail from Lucas, whose experience set the Platinum standard for internet-dating-done-right (or wrong, depending how you look at it...)!   ENJOY!

To: Very Heavy Uncle Show  <veryheavyuncle@gmail.com>
From: Lucas*************   <lucas******@yahoo.com>
Received: 3/16/2014  10:34 PM

I got divorced for my 40th birthday, and it took 2 years of flirting with waitresses to make me desperate enough to try internet dating.   And it sucked.    I had a dozen horrible dates with the most vain, conceited, entitled, self-important princesses you can imagine.   The prettier they were, the bitchier they were.   

So I came up with a plan. I would only contact women with NO pictures and well-written, smart profiles.   It took a while, but I finally found "R".   She was smart, funny, had her shit together, had a good job and NO kids.   We messaged back and forth for a month, but I never could get a picture out of her  -  so I didn’t send her one either.   We talked a couple of times and finally decided to meet for dinner.   I got to the restaurant early so I could check her out from a distance, just in case.

Then I saw her come in, wearing the outfit she described.   NOT bad!   Nice hair, Decent figure, good legs. I walked up to her with a smile on my face and introduced myself.  She looked at me and said "I know you from somewhere?"   I gave her a good close look over.   Yeah, I knew HER from somewhere too.  We got a table and started trading info, and it didn’t even take one drink to figure out how we knew each other.   

"R" was my STEPSISTER, who moved into my dad’s house 6 months before I went off to college 24 years ago.

We had dinner anyway.   And a few too many drinks.    I’ll save you the guess work.   Yes...  yes... yes... and absolutely f*ck YES!

The response was huge (by VHUS standards), and our dozens of listeners asked the same question:  "One night stand?   Or is Thanksgiving going to be really uncomfortable this year?"

I dropped Lucas a note asking for a followup, but we never received a reply.    Too bad.    (FYI: I do NOT have a stepsister.)




DOWNLOAD v.66 for Maximum Podcast Satisfaction










UPCOMING PROGRAMME STUFF!!

Thursday, February 2:
Premiere Day! The all-new VHUS v.67!


Monday, February 6:
THE WORLD SERIES OF HEAVY LISTENERS!

JANUARY RANKINGS!

Thursday, February 9:
The return of VHUS Encore v.52!!

Monday, February 13:
More of The Best/Worst OF TRACK 13!












Follow Uncle D.L. on TWITTER!

Send A Letter To The Devil

Grip Of Delusion Radio on Tune-In   (VHUS Saturday Nights! 10PM ET / 3AM CET)







No comments:

Post a Comment