Thursday, April 12, 2018

The Return Of VHUS 18! Plus Uncle In Kinky Boots!!







This weeks' top story:

My back STILL hurts like a motherfucker.  (Though not quite as bad as it did 2 weeks ago.)

The worst bit: Between the obliteration of Backpage, The Erotic Review AND the temporary disappearance of ECCIE... skilled "Theraputic Massage" has become even harder to come by. 

Oh the pain. The pain.

(Have noticed a virtual flood of ECCIE refugees clogging Twitter in the past week.  One ultra-drama-queen-bitch-from-hell of my past acquaintance seems to think she runs the fecking thing after 3 days.   Sad truth: she doesn't stand a chance against the hard-tweeting veteran ladies of Twitter.)

---------------------------------------------






















What occurred September 24th, 2014?
  • NIGHTWISH!
  • The VHUS breast-sizing guide!
  • THE FLOWER KINGS!
  • Prog-rock internet snobbery in action!
  • AMBERIAN DAWN! 
  • The Devil's mother-in-law!
  • IAN ANDERSON! 
  • Missouri's new way to kill texting drivers!
  • UFO!
  • Floyd-free in Cincinnati.
  • STARCASTLE! 
Plus more blacklight-powered prog rock, metal, comedy, classic rock obscura.   JOIN US!


  








DOWNLOAD VHUS Classic Encore 18
(First come, first served.)

STREAM VHUS v18 @ Pod-O-Matic 






CONTACT US!
(We still check the InBox once in a while)





Thanks for listening!
Uncle D.L.

The Very Heavy Uncle Show
2014 - 2017?

I have no idea how you youngsters do things now, but back in 60's & 70's our high school had a long standing prom traditionEmbarrassing baby pictures.

The mechanism: About a month before Prom Night, a select committee of the Junior class would solicit baby pictures from the parents of graduating seniors - the cuter or more-cringe-inducing the better.   These photographs would be converted into 35mm slides (look it up if you don't know) and provide the main entertainment of the prom night dinner program.

Past programs were barely narrated beyond occasional off-the-cuff remarks or "Don't you recognize so-and-so?"   My junior class decided to up the game.  It took a few Saturday afternoons to perfect, but my sub-committee and I (Okay, it was 90% me) created a running commentary of non-stop, ON-TARGET and HYSTERICAL baby-picture riffing that predated MST3K by 20 years.   

One Uncle's Opinion: It was fucking hilarious - especially as I was the co-riffer alongside the tight comedic timing of classmate Elaine S.  If there was a funnier prom night slideshow in the history of A.H.S., I never heard about it.   (To this day, if I run into old classmates who witnessed the event, they always remind me how funny they thought it was.)

Do I have a point on the horizon?   Yes.   Yes, I do.

The problem with setting the bar high is that most people can't be bothered to even try to jump over it.   Such was the case the following year, when it came time for the Seniors of 1976 to be ridiculed en masse.  In short, the Juniors of '77 didn't even try.   Slides?  Yes.   Comedy?   Couldn't be arsed. 

As for the Senior baby pics of 1976, most of them couldn't help but be amusing without a single added syllable.   Prime example: The photo submitted by my father - I was told my mother wanted to veto the selection, but she was firmly voted down.

 




































My classmates NEVER hesitate to remind me of this one.  And if I may be honest: It was one hell of a crowd-pleaser on Prom Night, 1976.

(And I NEVER let my father forget it.)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment