Thursday, July 13, 2017

Stand by for... NEWS!!


If you're under 40: The title is a Paul Harvey joke.

If you live outside the USA: The title is a Paul Harvey joke.

Paul Harvey was one of America's touchstone radio commentators for over 4 decades.   He had a very unique on-air style, but was never as much fun to impersonate as Casey Kasem.    Basically, Paul Harvey was a legend, especially if you were an adult/senior citizen.   

If you worked in radio in the 50's, 70's or even the 90's: Recording the daily Paul Harvey network feed was THE most important job during your airshift.   Everything else was a distant second.

Now that I have you loosened up... you should take a listen to this:

PLAY An Important Message From Uncle D.L.

(DOWNLOAD Uncle's Message Here)

Not much to add at this time, except I plan to fill both the Pod-O-Matic and MIXCLOUD pages with as many old episodes as I can before our "medium-size-server" plan on POM runs out in late November.

To soften the blow, I gave you a double-shot of Classic Encores. 
Expect 2 or more a week until December.

DOWNLOAD VHUS Classic Encore v.22 

DOWNLOAD VHUS Classic Encore v.21 


For the record: I did briefly consider sharing a few of the factors that led to this decision (it was a LONG time in committee), but in the end I figured nobody would really give a shit about MY problems, and you'd simply move on to the next (vastly inferior) podcast in the queue.

If you're the least bit curious, drop me a line.  I'll be happy to vent.



NOTE: Just because we've ceased production doesn't mean I want you quit listening/sharing the links!   Overall, I feel we have a damned fine back catalog of episodes - most of which I am VERY proud of.   And I'd love for as many people to hear them as possible before I'm forced to tuck them away forever.

It was fun (mostly),  and I thank each and every one of you for your time, your ears, your bandwidth AND your interest in VHUS.   Bless you all.

Uncle D.L.
The Very Heavy Uncle Show
2014 - 2017 







No comments:

Post a Comment