Monday, January 14, 2019

VHUS 39 Returns! Plus low-budget horror-comedy recommendations.






Fuck snow.   Ice too.   End of announcement.

------------------------------ 

My father gave me an Amazon Fire tablet (and matching Fire Stick) for Christmas - both a blessing and a curse.   I shall explain.

I love movies.   All of them.    An in order to restrain myself from watching old favorites and new obscurities 24/7 , I have purposefully hobbled my access to both Netflix and Amazon Prime.   However...

Now that I have a Fire tablet, it's just too damned easy to fire up Amazon Prime Video anywhere, anytime... and I'm guzzling at least 2 extra flicks a day.   (Not always productive.)   Especially since there's so bloody much good stuff available "Free with Prime".

I love a good obscure/low-budget horror-comedy.   Even not-so-good ones.   And I've found 3 in the past week which I feel might be worth your time.   YMMV.




   

































This week's Uncle-Crush... MARIA THAYER!


THE NIGHT WATCHMEN 





























  






I HAD A BLOODY GOOD TIME AT HOUSE HARKER





























--------------------------------------------- 




















What occurred July 23rd, 2015?
  • GOBLIN REBIRTH!
  • What happened at a rural Drive-In Theater in the Summer of 1980?
  • ANEKDOTEN!
  • The Devil spoils The Walking Dead!   (old news)
  • MAGIC PIE!
  • Pant-pissing TV comedy from the BBC!
  • SLADE!
  • The Devil talks shit and politics!
  • LA MASCHERA DI CERA!
  • The official condom of UncleVision Studios is...? 
 Plus more lava-lamp-powered prog rock, metal, comedy and classic rock obscura!
       
Very Heavy, Very Uncle.

 <DOWNLOAD VHUS v.39 from Pod-O-Matic>










 

Visit the VHUS Archive @ Dropbox 
(18 curated classic episodes - sometimes we change them.  sometimes...


STREAM VHUS v39 @ Pod-O-Matic


CONTACT US!
(We still check the InBox once in a while)




Thanks for listening!
Uncle D.L.

The Very Heavy Uncle Show
2014 - 2017?

From the family photo archives... in solidarity with all my snowbound friends & colleagues in the St. Louis area, here's a shot of Your Favorite Uncle bravely commuting to work.   Not!!

 








 -------

No comments:

Post a Comment