Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Very Heavy Uncle Show ON STRIKE!!












Effective Wednesday, September 21, 2016:

Your Very Heavy Uncle is going out ON STRIKE.

Why?  Because I knock myself out to provide a superior product (especially compared to some of our competitiors), yet nobody listens anymore.   

NOBODY.   

Oh, they used to... TENS OF THOUSANDS weekly ... but no more.    
And I don't have a clue why. 

This morning: VHUS was ranked #12 on the Pod-O-Matic Metal chart.

Yes, I realize this is hardly a bulletproof indicator of world-wide popularity, but it's REALLY sobering considering we used to practically live in the Top 5 AND hit #1 at least TWICE a week.     These days, we jump for joy if we can maintain a #7 ranking for more than 2 days in a row.

But #12?    12?!?    What the heck do you people want?   
Apparently I don't know any more.

(I won't go into the subject of MIXCLOUD, where v.59 has yet to generate a single PLAY in the past week; OR Spreaker Radio - where it takes me longer for me to upload new shows than people spend listening to them!)

STRIKE!!    STRIKE!!    STRIKE!!    STRIKE!!

What can YOU do to facilitate the return of VHUS to the interwebs?

WRITE IN!    Tell us what you like about the current version.   

Or... tell us what you DON'T like. (Remember: Manners and diplomacy count.)

Show some freaking support!   (I know in my heart that for every one of you that listens... there are are 10 friends/followers/family members you could steer our way, but you just cannot be bothered.)

I need 200 letters.   Good, bad, indifferent - I don't care.    200.

You have THIRTY DAYS.   (That way, if the tide is positive, I'll have time to slap together a 2016 Halloween episode.   Maybe.)

Effective today: All tools are down.    I'm not writing another slightly-humorous segment.... encoding another awesome prog rock track... or editing another tasteless joke from The Devil... UNTIL I hear from 200 unique listeners that I should either continue or hang it up altogether.

Seriously, I have other things I can do.   I like producing VHUS, but it's a "been there, done that" scenario for me.    I'm 58.   I don't do it for fun.

If enough people want VHUS, you shall have it.
If not... you obviously won't miss me if I pull the plug.

#VeryHeavyUncleMatters 

Uncle D.L.

CONTACT US

VHUS HOME PAGE







No comments:

Post a Comment